Denneroll Webinar Series - Module 4 Essentials of Scoliosis Management
To see the price, please Log in or Apply for Membership.
Module 4 Scoliosis Management
October 18th, 2020 - 12:00pm-4:00pm CST
Patients with a scoliosis will commonly present to a chiropractor with chronic pain. The incidence of scoliosis increases with age – one in three people over the age of 65 have a scoliosis. Therefore, with our aging population, there is a need to update the practical skills of chiropractors in assessing and managing a patient with a scoliosis.
This seminar will bring the chiropractic Clinician and Researcher up-to-date with the latest evidenced-based information about non-surgical management of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis, adult degenerative scoliosis, as well as thoracic hyperkyphosis. Scoliosis screening, diagnosis, red-flags will be covered in detail.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Accurately perform a scoliosis screening consistent with the SRS guidelines.
- Differentiate between scoliotic and non-scoliotic postural deviations.
- Understand the distinctive neurological and orthopaedic tests that can help identify red flags associated with scoliosis.
- Correctly evaluate plain film radiographs including the measurement of Cobb angle, Risser sign, sacral obliquity, coronal and sagittal balance.
- Differentiate between the treatment and management options for children and adults.
- Understanding the nature of chronic spinal pain associated with scoliosis and kyphosis, and the non-surgical strategies in the management of spinal deformity pain.
Formulate an appropriate scoliosis management plan for a patient including patients with postural scoliosis, idiopathic scoliosis and degenerative scoliosis.